Confectionery & Snacks
Helping you save time, money and ingredients
We’ve solved problems for multi-national snack manufacturers, including million-pound food factory design projects for McVitie’s, Jacob’s and KP Snacks.
We help our customers overcome challenges faced by supply chain, maintenance and hygiene demands, BRC/ABI audits and Environment Agency compliance. From increasing production rates to optimising speed to market or food safety compliance, our in-house Food & Beverage team can help achieve your company aims.
This is a sector defined by changing customer habits and demand, with pressures from consumer groups to produce low-sugar, “healthy” products which meet environmental and ethical considerations.
We draw on our 275+ combined years of technical expertise and experience to provide a full suite of project management services within the confectionery and snack sector, including managing multi-discipline project teams and ensuring internal procedures are met.
Common Challenges in the Confectionery & Snacks Industry
Challenges in this sector are common due to the large-scale processing involved in manufacturing snacks such as cakes, confectionery, savoury snacks, sweets, gums, crisps, nuts and energy bars. Common environment issues include:
- Varying temperatures throughout the production process
- High numbers of ingredients
- Fragile product composition that can lead to missing components, damage and cracking
- High contamination risk due to extensive processing
- Increased cleaning of machinery due to high temperatures and product dust
We created the ingredients feed and mixing requirements for a new organic facility.
Design, Build & Consultancy Services at Factory, Line and Equipment Level:
- Feasibility and concept design
- Engineering Design (FEED & Detailed)
- Construction & installation
- Commissioning, testing & verification
- Factory automation and programming
- Water distribution and treatment
- Electrical distribution
- CAPEX Project Management
- CDM Regulations 2015
- EPCMv and EPC packages
- Turnkey project management
- COGS reduction
- Debottlenecking reviews
- Environmental surveys
- Food factory design and build
- Factory refurbishment
- LEED certification
- Sustainable factory builds
- Line and equipment extensions
- Manufacturing scale-up
- Clean design solutions
Process & Mechanical Engineering
- Conveyor system design
- Batch processing
- Continuous processing
- Ingredient handling systems
- Milk fat melting
- Powder transport
- Powder dissolving
- Syrup cooking
- Syrup evaporating
- Polishing & coating
- Product line rationalisation
- Cleanliness regimes
- CIP (Clean-in-Place) Operations
- High-care and low-care environments
- Hygienic design
- Industry 4.0
- Process Control and Automation
- ATEX/DSEAR compliance
Equipment & Machinery
- Industrial refrigeration
- Potato cleaning
- Destining, grading and optical sorting
- Frying and extrusion frying
- Acrylamide and oil moisture monitoring
- Dynamic weighing systems
- Wrapping technology
- Bagging machines
- Case erectors and sealers
- End of line automation
- Case transfer systems
- Metal detectors
- Auto palletising systems
- Warehouse management and dispatching
- Batter depositors
- Cooling conveyors
- Ingredients mixing
- Handwash stations
- Sugar screw feed systems
- Silos for bulk feed
Find out what happened when we acted as Principal Contractor on a multi-million pound flood recovery project.
A sustainable approach
Regardless of aims your production facility should be able to scale with your operations. Our in-house food and beverage engineering team can develop adaptable factories regardless of the size of your operation.
We are ahead of the latest regulatory changes and technology innovations, meaning our food factory design, build and consultancy services have the future of your business in mind.
Talk to us today about support with your confectionery or food factory challenge. Our range of project management and engineering services can bring you the solution you’re looking for.
Our experience in the Confectionery & Snacks sector covers a full range of engineering services.