project management – your guide to CDM – help is at hand
FEG Ltd specialises in Design & Build, Project Management and Consultancy for industrial, manufacturing and process industries.
With unrivalled expertise and knowledge in an array of engineering, design, planning, specification and management disciplines, FEG’s highly qualified personnel offer you impartial solutions to solve problems and meet Client requirements.
FEG also offer CDM Consultancy to assist Clients in understanding and applying the CDM Regulations.
Principal Designer Support
FEG CDM Principal Designer support will advise and assist Clients on how to comply with the CDM Regulations during a construction project notifiable to the HSE.
CDM Principal Designer’s main duties are to:
- Consider if construction work is a notifiable project
- Notify details of the project to HSE
- Issue and manage the F10 notification
- On behalf of the Client and Principal Contractor provide advice and collate the project pre-construction and health and safety information pack
- Advise and assist the Client with their legal duties
- Define and outline the construction project
- Coordinate health and safety aspects of design work
- Cooperate with others involved within the project
- Facilitate good communication between the client, designer and principal contractor
- Liaise with the Principal Contractor regarding ongoing design work
- Identify, collect and pass on pre-construction information
- Prepare and update the health and safety file
FEG ensures that all of these duties are carried out so you, as the Client, have an effective Health and Safety Management Plan to prevent accidents prior to, during and after larger construction projects.
Principal Contractor Support
FEG Ltd engineers are trained in the latest CDM regulations with skilled engineers and design capability in-house.
CDM Principal Contractor’s main duties are to:
- Liaise with the other duty holders
- Manage the construction phase
- Prepare the construction phase plan
- Ensure welfare facilities are provided
- Provide a site induction
- Secure the site
- Appoint contractors and workers
- Provide the right management and supervision
- Engage contractors and workers
- Monitor the risks on site
- Contribute to the health and safety file
FEG Ltd offers Principal Contractors support to perform their expanded duties under the latest CDM Regulations.