Now that the new CDM regulations have now been made and laid in Parliament and became law on 6th April 2015, there are changes that clients need to implement when planning to extend, build or demolish buildings, including machinery modifications and installations, building works, civil and engineering works.
The principle changes from the previous legislation are as follows:
- Strengthening of Client duties
- Introduction of Domestic Clients
- Replacement of CDM Coordinator by a Principal Designer for the planning, managing, monitoring and coordination of pre-construction phase health and safety
- Principal Designer and Principal Contractor will be required on all projects where there will be more than one contractor working on the project
- Replacement of explicit requirement for dutyholder competence with need for appropriate Skills,
- Knowledge and Experience
- Change to the HSE’s Notification level – F10 is now only required for projects lasting more than 500 person days of work, or lasting more than 30 working days with more than 20 workers simultaneously, including Site Management
help is at hand
FEG Ltd specialises in Design & Build, Project Management and Consultancy for industrial, manufacturing and process industries and offer CDM Services to support Clients.
We have unrivalled expertise and knowledge in an array of engineering, design, planning, specification and management disciplines, FEG’s highly qualified personnel offer you impartial solutions to solve problems and meet Client requirements.
FEG also offers CDM Consultancy to assist Clients in understanding and applying the CDM Regulations.
FEG offers Principal Designers and Principal Contractors support to perform their expanded duties under the latest CDM Regulations.
Where required, FEG can take on the duty role as the Principal Designer and/or the Principal Contractor on behalf of a Client.
For further information…
Tyne & Wear
Telephone: +44(0)191 417 1479