FEG are currently working on a food preparation site in Cumbria, undertaking the role of Principal Contractor under CDM2015 regulations for the site works.
This covers the building works, the installation of a new production line and the supporting M&E packages.
• Liaise with all duty holders and promotes good communication.
• Plan the construction phase and engages with the client’s staff.
• Prepare and maintain the Construction Phase Health & Safety Plan based on the Pre-Construction Information Pack from the Principal Designer.
• Ensure the welfare facilities are sufficient and suitable.
• Ensure all those working on the site are given an appropriate induction.
• Ensure the site is secure and provides appropriate controls for all entering the site.
• Conduct regular site audits, monitoring the site risks and condition of temporary works.
• Check the competence of contractors and workers on the site.
• Ensure supervision and management on site is appropriate and sufficient.
• Contribute to the Health & Safety File prepared by the Principal Designer